problem with website?

Closed Thread

Default problem with website?

I am using Firefox, most recent version. I have also disabled firewall, ad-blockers and such. however my pages never show the option for inserting items into a post. there are no - pictures, indents, italics, code, etc.... also, even when I type and add carriage returns, they don't show up after posting. it just crams everything together. Any Ideas? the smiley's and post icons do show up though.
    Chris

Any man who has accomplished anything in electronics at one time or another has said... " STOP! WAIT! NOOO! Dangit.... Oh Well, Time to start over..."

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: problem with website?

check your "no-script" while on the forum to be sure there is not an untrusted script there. I checked your profile and all seems normal there. We are going through some changes under the hood to make spammers go elsewhere, notice you are a senior member now.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

OK I'm lost, where do I find that option? Ive looked in Firefox but don't see anything about scripts
    Chris

Any man who has accomplished anything in electronics at one time or another has said... " STOP! WAIT! NOOO! Dangit.... Oh Well, Time to start over..."

IF you have NoScript installed you "should" have an icon for it, you might find it hidden until you open "customize" by right clicking the top of firefox. I find frequently noscript stops some java from working. In fact I had to whitelist this forum so as to be able to minimize chat and the sidebar.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

nope I don't have that, this was a fresh install of Firefox. I just tried IE also, does same thing. and IE always used to work
    Chris

I can confirm that Nothing that is "going on under the hood" would cause this issue.
    Before making that statement I took the precaution of logging in using the profile of user wdmagic, i'm running Firefox 41.0.1 and i expierienced no such issues.
    The probelms must be local to the browser that you are currently using.
    Lester - Forum Administrator
    -----------------------------------
    www.crownhill.co.uk

My Apologies Lester, seems a little knowledge is still dangerous. I use Firefox 20.1 without any issues, & still lean toward Adblock or some similar add on, or his server has a blocking script maybe. Perhaps Java is disabled?

No problem. Its very difficult to diagnose issues at the remote end. You are probably correct, a script blocker or other such "protection mechanism" is probably to blame.
    www.crownhill.co.uk

It appears that if you don't post for a while, you get the "please join" nag screen. I don't have anything of value to add to addressing your problem, but this seemed an appropriate thread to use to help with my problem, by posting.

yea, i noticed that login nag screen even after making a couple of posts. I'm using firefox 41 also. I have a firewall but I disabled that, I also have a IP monitor, and I've turned that off as well? ive tried firefox and IE and both do it. I have also tried it on my phone and tablet (android) same issues. however I may have found the issue. I am traveling right now and use the internet sharing from my phone hotspot. I do know that my provider blocks some websites, so its quite possible their blocking that part of this one. I've noticed that some of the java and scripts are hosted by other sites. But I wont be able to confirm this for a couple more weeks till I get home again.
    Chris

Yeah, I'm getting the nag screen as well. I have AdBlocker plus and using Firefox 41.0.2
    "I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that
    we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street"

-Stephen Hawking

Are you still seeing the nag screen?

If yes

EXACTLY what does it say??
    www.crownhill.co.uk

Hi,
    This is what I am seeing in a highlighted blue box

Code:
    Hi, we are pleased to see that you are using our forum. 

We'd like you to become a member of our community. Membership is FREE, please REGISTER and view our forums without these annoying reminders!

Once registered you may post on the forums, download from the file areas and use the WIKI without interruption.

REGISTER NOW

Can you confirm:

Are you still seeing the nag screen?

Did you log out , clear cookies and log back into the forum?
    www.crownhill.co.uk

I still see it. I never logged out or cleared cookies. At the main screen it shows I am logged in. The nag screen appears when I click to view a thread.

I am using win7 64bit, Internet Explorer and webroot

I also see the nag screen with Chrome. I launched Internet Explorer 11, which had never been on the site (so no cookies) logged in, an still see the screen.
    Lester, I tried to respond to your PM but it would not let me do that. I'll try to attach a screenshot...
    Name:  PBP1.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  71.3 KB

Test post for login.
    My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

Not as dumb as yesterday, but stupider than tomorrow!

hey demon, long time no see! also still seeing that login ad hehe
    Chris

Hi. I'm around, usually to clean up spam.

Lester's been working on fixing the problem. Do you still see nag screens?
    My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

Hello Gurus:
    I received the same annoying message to join but now it disappeared. This disappearance must have been some action done by someone else because I did not do anything. Thank you for whoever helped.
    Steven

Lester turned the nag screens off, for now . . .

ok its confirmed, its not my pc's or the website that causes my page not to load fully.
    It is my internet connection from verizon wireless. I had to sign up for a VPN so that it would bypass their filters
    but its working, I can see all my options for posting now. just something I'll have to do when I am on the road.
    Chris

Lester turned the nag screens off, for now . . .
    And turned it on again - it seems, because it just popped up in my face. Before I was logged in though, which I guess is its inteneded purpose. But I don't understand the purpose of intrusive stuff like that, it would make me NOT want to subscribe because it gives me the feeling I'd get more pop-up ads and stuff.

Just my personal opinion of course.

/Henrik.

No, i didn't turn it back on.

I'll look into what happening..... its proving a little difficult to pin down. This stuff was implemented lat at night many years back.

I agree, the nag screen need to go.
    www.crownhill.co.uk

OK, i think i found the issue, I suspect that the nag screen prompting unregistered users to sign up - will no longer appear now.
    www.crownhill.co.uk

I logged off and roamed without nag screens. I even downloaded one of Darrel's files without nagging.

Robert

Yep, we are a very open community at present. We just don't like spammers ;-)
    www.crownhill.co.uk