Big thank you to TABSoft

Closed Thread

Default Big thank you to TABSoft

Guys, I just wanted to let you guys into a little secret. TabSoft has been assisting me in upgrading an old project, both on the board, and more often, off board via e-mail.

Without his help and guidance the project would not have gotten as far as it has, and the prototype would not be ready for installation this early. Not only did he educate me more on the inner workings of PBP and how it does things with i2c, serial etc, he also helped me get to grips with liberty basic to produce a PC application to use with the hardware. He did this out of pure good will, and even though we are on opposite sides of the pond we would correspond to the early hours in order to resolve an issue.

I would therefore like to give TABSoft a big public thank you... It's people like you that make learning PBP and messing with electronics fun. You are 'da man bro !!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Big thank you to TABSoft

Hi,

I see you're sticking with Liberty. Again strongly suggest you look at FreeBasic. The thing I forgot in my last post is all the great libraries that come with it.

George
    Last edited by towlerg; - 14th July 2015 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by towlerg View Post
    Hi,

I see you're sticking with Liberty. Again strongly suggest you look at FreeBasic. The thing I forgot in my last post is all the great libraries that come with it.

George
    George,

I've downloaded freebasic and one of the IDE's - Had a basic glance through and it does look good.

The next project I'm looking at is to add the same bluetooth serial coms to an aquarium controller, and use a PC application to program the lighting times, brightness and fade durations for each of the 4 channels of LEDS - I might just try and do that in free basic...

Thanks for the kind words.
    It was definitely fun.
    Got to use some of that old/stored datacom info clogging up my brain and got to use my long arms to stretch across the ocean.

I had never heard of Liberty Basic before, I'm a VB.net/VB guy, but it was a quick pickup and actually interesting.

Sorry about you having to work during those late/wee hours Scampy. You took the brunt of that.

You're project revamp has really added some excellent capabilities and different technologies to the system not to mention the future capabilities you can add.

Providing a little help on your project will help me on some upcoming GLCD things I will be doing.

Win/Win!
    Regards,
    TABSoft