failure at 077Fh

Closed Thread

Default failure at 077Fh

Hi, everyone. Im very new and inexperienced in this. You may even call me dumb if you want to.
    I dont know much about mcu's and programming but im interested in learning. I got myself this k8048
    board and im trying to programme my 16f627a. I load the hex but when i try to write by clicking on the tab
    the above message appear:" failed at 077f " whatever that is. Can someone please shed some light here. I read
    a lot about pics but lack experience. Please.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: failure at 077f

Name:  memory chart.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  57.5 KB
    16f627A memory only go s to $03FF so I would check to see that you have the correct chip selected in your compiler when you make the HEX file
    BTW . . . welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Archangel; - 9th August 2015 at 20:36. Reason: add picture
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Hi. Thnx for the welcoming and the quick response. Yes i do have the right mcu selected in my compiler. Can it be that the programme is too large? Should i use maybe a 16f886? Like i said, im new with no experience at all and im willing to learn. Thanx in advance.

The picture I posted above is from the data sheet showing the memory map of that series of chips, and indicating that 16F627 has NO MEMORY beyond 03FFh . That is why I submitted my response. If you have a 16F648 or 628 I would bet the hex would go in. Perhaps your programmer is set to one of those chips? The 16F648 has Twice the program memory of the 16F627 and otherwise mostly the same. As you have posted NO CODE I / we are unable to diagnose your problem further. PBP usually complains at compile time if you write more code than the chip will accept.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Thanx for the response once again.
    A friend of mine is going to the city tomorrow and i'll get him to buy me a 648 which i'll try out with the same code.
    If the problem persist, which i doubt, ill come back and post the code and all. I do believe though that you've solved my problem. Thanx in advance.
    Devnode.
    Ps. Sorry about not posting the code. Did not know i had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Devnode View Post
    Ps. Sorry about not posting the code. Did not know i had to.
    Yo don't HAVE to, it just makes it more possible with much less guess work. Most of in here are "Hobbyist" although there are some pros too. I have learned more working on other peoples problems than working on my own.

Thanks. Its very much appreciated.