Found label after column 1 : Unsucessful Installation ?

Closed Thread

Default Found label after column 1 : Unsucessful Installation ?

Hello,

I have installed the student version of picbasic 3 compiler and Microcode Studio and tried to recompile the code that has been perfectly working in the past.

The compiler in Microcode Studio always shows the error: "Found label after column 1". etc

When I remove PICs configuration line from the code it compiles the program without problems.

The code contains no errors. So, this must be a problem of installation or/and compatibility with MASM.

I have taken a look to several forums and tried to fix the program by reinstalling MPLAB etc without sucess.

I will be grateful if someone could give info how to fix this installation.

The chip is PIC16F88, the sytem is 64 bit windows 7.

Thank you in advance

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Found label after column 1 : Unsucessful Installation ?

Seen that many a time . .. usually an error in the Config or other assembly code, caused by lack of white space between @ and __config
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

There is no problem with the code. It has been working perfectly with previous versions of sofware 7 years ago (2.5 or something like that). I tried it with and without spaces: the result is the same.

Now I have reinstalled MCS and have bigger problems: I have to point to proper folder for PBC compiator every time, 16F88 has dissapeared from dropdown menu and only 16F628 left etc.

Quote Originally Posted by truffaldino View Post
    There is no problem with the code..
    Perhaps. But study the 2 pictures I have posted, only difference is a whitespaceName:  noerrconfig.png
Views: 1211
Size:  24.4 KBName:  errconfig.png
Views: 1193
Size:  32.1 KB
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Thanks a lot Archangel!

It is not the installation problem indeed: picbasic has changed since I have used it for the last time. In the newest version we have to use the following type of config for 16f88!

#CONFIG

__CONFIG _CONFIG1, _CP_OFF & _CCP1_RB0 & _DEBUG_OFF & _WRT_PROTECT_OFF & _CPD_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _BODEN_OFF & _MCLR_ON & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF & _INTRC_IO
    __CONFIG _CONFIG2, _IESO_OFF & _FCMEN_OFF

#ENDCONFIG

Yea the configs I showed were for earlier versions, I missed the PBP3 in your post. The whitespace problem upsets ver 3 too, it's not a PBP issue, as pbp compiles fine but mpasm gets a little upset by it, as the config statements are really strictly Assembly code.