I have a PIC16F1829 running a mobile satellite dish... I have gotten hserout to work fine. Hserin, not so much. I've been trying to get it to take input from a serial terminal on my computer thru a BT module. It works fine on serin/serout. And hserout works fine. Hserin has never given me so much as gibberish. I'm (somewhat)positive now that it is the terminal settings. I took a second 16F1829 and flashed it with a repeating hserout of "See" "Spot" "Run!" Then I flash the other with hserin commands and output to a LCD. On the LCD, I get back 65,254,8. Which I assume is e, t, and !. How do I get it to give it right? I get the same if I try to send numbers too. (Well, different id's, but same format) I need to be able to send 5 digit numbers (WORD)and single letters at a absolute minimum, but strings would be nice too. I would also like to get it to respond to the terminal as well, but I am also not opposed to putting a PIC (like a 16F628A) in between permanently as a communications buffer since I seem to keep the PIC really busy with interrupts much of the time, and it seems to be screwing me a lot....lol

Come to think of it, would it be a benefit to put a second chip to handle comms? It could wait for serin commands indefinitely, and then on receive, send a concise hserout to the other one on demand....