Custom "Joystick" for Flight SIMS

Closed Thread

Default Custom "Joystick" for Flight SIMS

Hello everyone, im half way through a project right now and i wouldnt be at this point if it wasnt for the kind people on this forum. im on a tight schedule with pbp3 so ill make time to give proper thanks and credit after my trial version is over.

This project is for the SIMMERS' out there that want to make custom cockpits or controls for their plane (or car or whatever).

its a 32 button "joystick" with no axis (for now) using a 18f4550 but it could be perfectly done on a 2550 with minor adjustements.

ill upload the files when im done, or a tutorial, that updates the "hid joystick for dummies guide" (ill ask permission to do that to the author) or make one of my own. this will be my way of giving something in return to this great community that has helped me so much.

I NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING THOUGH...

i coded so that it would be a 64 button "joystick" but windows only recognizes 32 of them.

is this a windows generic drivers limitation? (windows only recognizes 32 buttons max on a joystick?)
    or could it be that my code is wrong??

i use bytes 0 through 63 of the usb buffer to send my button data and inputs are gathered with a matrix (8 inputs X 8 outputs)
    when i test my joystick on windows thorugh the device manager, it only recognizes buttons 1 through 32

any thoughts??

thanks for the help everyone, and lovely community you have here.

JSAGS

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Custom "Joystick" for Flight SIMS

ii meant "BITS 0 through 63 of the usb buffer" sorry, i couldnt modify the post anymore

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Custom "Joystick" for Flight SIMS

i have done some testing and DCS world can use buttons 1 through 63 but IL2.Sturmovik: cliifs of dover can only use buttons 1 through 32

any ideas??