Inventory System

Threaded View

Default Inventory System

I've piled up quite a lot of stuff over the years. It's now a chore to find a part, let alone remember what I have and how many. This is my solution done in Access 2002.

I enter the specs the same way they will appear on the labels for that part. I select a colour to make it easier to find where the drawer goes in the wall. I often pull out a few and bring them to wherever I'm working. There's nothing that looks more like a black-on-white label than another black-on-white label.

I wanted a flexible system; each part can have different specs.

I go through my stuff, look at specs on the datasheet, type in the quantities on hand and click the PRINT button.

(Huh? maximum of 3 images per post now?)

I'm still designing the database, queries, forms and reports. It's been many moons since I last used Access and VB so I'm a little rusty. This should make things a LOT easier to find stuff later. Labels will go on the drawer cabinets as well as the larger "surplus" cabinets.

The barcode scanner app on my phone works beautifully. It scans my label barcodes really fast and accurately.

My bluetooth dongle has been shipped so I should be getting it "soon". Still haven't looked at which BASIC I will use to make an app that will transmit the scanned number from the phone clipboard to my laptop. Still haven't looked at how I can get that received number on the laptop onto Access.

Project moves on.

Robert
    Last edited by Demon; - 4th February 2014 at 16:32.