Loader for eeprom 24c32

Closed Thread

Default Loader for eeprom 24c32

I need to load in a 24c32 the ASCII table to be used with a graphical LCD.My circuit is surface mounted and of course cannot load eeprom alone.I use a Pic 16F648A with ICSP.I found on the net the software "Winphoenix" allowing the eeprom loading with the use of a loader in the Pic.Unfortunately the loader is only for 16F84 and 24c16.(generally used in wafer card).I would like to make my own loader but although my search i never found any code source or explanation on the loader functionning allowing me to program with PBP.
    Somebody can help??
    Thanks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

there's a ton of different way to do it but the first thing i would do is to do my owm PC 'EEPROM loader software' with visual Basic or else language, and use a serial communication between PIC and PC. Sending few bytes at the time, once sent, say to PC to wait, write them to EEPROM, once it's done "PC I'M READY TO GET MORE DATA !!!!" and redo untill the end. BUT if you don't have any VB or PC program hability, it could be a long run.

Another way is to use any EEPROM programmer you have, could also be the cheap IC-PROG or PONY prog. You can program the EEPROM in-circuit without the need of the PIC. First make sure that the SDA, SCL line of the PIC are set to input. Connect the SDA, SCL and GND of the target EPROM to the according pin of the EEPROM programmer then, update your EEPROM.
    YEP your circuit is smd... you can use a smd test clip and do a clip-on adapter to connect your target EEPROM to the EPROM programmer but sometimes it works sometimes no depending how good the electric contact is between the EEPROM and the smd clip adapter. Another way is to solder two wire on the SDA,SCL pin of the EEPROM or on the pull-up resistor attached to. Depending of your board, some have testpoint attach on SDA and SCL lines

I use the above method for some radio decoding when my dongle don't contain a specific radio model and it's working really well when devices are I2C as your. Dealing with SMD is a bit tricky but not impossible. The best way is to scrap an old board and do some soldering desoldering test.

i hope this help a bit.
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.