I have been using Darrel Taylors Interrupt routine's and they are wonderful, I just have a little question - I am using multiple interrupts in a program all using "PBP interrupts". As I am using so many (8) I would like to make them as efficient as possible. I understand that if I use an ASM interrupt then it is a lot more efficient than using a PBP interrupt. However my ASM knowledge is pretty weak, I use PBP 3 with microcode studio. The interrupt routine that I am doing is generally very small and basic. So here is the question, if I write an interrupt routine in PBP then compile, I get the generated ASM file, now I know that this is not true ASM but a PBP Macro ASM, if I then take the portion of this "Macro ASM" and insert into my code to use as a ASM interrupt will that work and will it be more efficient than using the PBP routine that I wrote in the first place? Or do I have it completely wrong and there is no difference between an ASM interrupt and PBP interrupt when using DT_INTS-18 ? Below is a sample of what I am talking about the PBP version and then the ASM version of the interrupt handler. Both seem to work. But as I said I'm under the impression that if I use a ASM interrupt then it is quicker than using a PBP interrupt.
Timeout1: ‘Timer 1 PBP Interrupt Handler
TimedOut1 = 1 'Set to timed out
T1CON = $10 'Turn off timer
@ INT_RETURN

ASM
Timeout1
MOVE?CT 0, T1CON, 0 ; 1 stop timer
MOVE?CT 001h, _TimedOut1 ; set to Timed out
INT_RETURN
ENDASM