Help Identify this Display board and/or need pinouts/datasheet

Closed Thread

Default Help Identify this Display board and/or need pinouts/datasheet

I beleive this is a graphic display but not sure
    looks to be a blue background but it doesnt look like the pins match the standard lcd pinout
    it was givin to me the other day but no documentation came with it and I havent found any online yet
    very nice large display same size as a business card for viewable area.
    the top chip is LC7582E 2JD0
    Not sure what is was used for but would like to use it.

Name:  2013-01-04_00-45-40_767.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  569.9 KB
    Name:  2013-01-04_00-45-19_848.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  585.3 KB

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Help Identify this Display board and/or need pinouts/datasheet

ok i didnt find anything online yet, but it looks like it came out of a UPS power supply, I applied poer to pins 10 and 12, which looked to be the power pins, and it came on, its not a graphic lcd but a predesigned one, it shows battery 1-5 bars, and load 1-5 bars, ac power, and its arranged in 3 boxes, very nice. I may be able to use it if i can get a pinout.

Finding the pinout would only be the start of your problems - it appears to be controlled serially by the 89C51 processor. Not too many of those pins appear to be connected so determining the serial data connections would be fairly straightforward (use the datasheet for the processor to determine the UART pins). The processor is probably coded for the particular display output so although you might be able to determine the data to adjust the 'bars' you won't get access to the whole display (on a per-segment basis) unless you're prepared to recode the processor.

yea, im sure its got a string of numbers to send to it and it breaks those down to the 2 bars, and the number display, also theres the 3 buttons that probobly do something that i wont be able to tell either, i traced the pins down a bit, there are only 8 out of 16 used, 2 are for power, 2 go to the jumpers (labeled 700-3kva), i am assuming this sets the processor math for a particular formula by adjusting the jumpers. 2 more go to the middle switch, so that leaves only 4 pins to deal with. if i can determine the serial pins i could just send it number sequences slowly and display the number sent on a standard lcd and maybe with lots of readings see how the numbers breakdown what sets control/display what.

Its a shame, its probobly easier for me to just learn how to work with graphic lcds and just make my own custom screen. I just really liked the look of this one powered up. its not pixelated like a glcd.

about the only other option would be to drive the display driver chip directy from a new processor, which like i said , easier to learn glcd's. thanks for looking though.