WARP13A with Laptop

Closed Thread

Default WARP13A with Laptop

I have a desktop pc and Dell laptop. Interestingly when I try to program a 16F628(A) with the warp13A using the laptop I get an error. "failed to getbytebin from programmer please reset" I do the identical thing, use same file on my pc, no problem. I use a 16F84(a) or 16F873 on the laptop, no problems.

Searched around online but could not find anything. Anybody seen this one?

Thanks,

Scott

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: WARP13A with Laptop

I'm not a user of this device, but what you describe is a general problem that this device might be susceptible to.
    Many laptops do not properly implement the voltages required for RS-232 serial ports. This is a non-issue in the majority of applications, but some devices need the full voltage range. Make sure the external supply is connected, but beyond that, you might simply not be able to use the laptop.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: WARP13A with Laptop

I can program the 16F84 and 84A and the 16F873A chips and it just simply works.
    I have used an external supply for the laptop and the programmer. You gave me an idea though! I will check to see if there is a difference in voltages on the machines.

I will report back my findings. Might be a day or so, but I have a scope here and will probe around.

SC

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.