Upgrade time limit?

Closed Thread

Default Upgrade time limit?

I have not upgraded from PBP2.6C to PBP3. I am not going to upgrade now. If PBP3 added more commands to run the RTCC, SPI, CAN modules then I would leap. So can I up grade, say a year or more from now for the same cost? The bug fixes and new devices are good for 1 year. So then, it's another $50.00 for another year? If so, I can see the company loosing base with many hobbyist. I knew this would happen.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Upgrade time limit?

You know, I have thought for a long time that MELabs could be doing a lot more to promote this great compiler to the hobbiest community... create more libraries of code, make more example projects and post them to hobbiest websites to generate more interest, etc. etc.

I know this is not so simple as say the "Arduino" where is is basically one or two microcontrollers on a standard platform. And PBP is for most all of the PIC family.

But there needs to be a constantly renewing of the buzz and interest (in any product, for that matter) to keep this excellent compiler alive and vibrant.

Possibly there is things going on that we don't see, or there is plenty of interest in the commercial community to satisify the MELabs business model.

It would be great if there were more interest and shared code and projects on the hobbiest side though.

my .02
    Dwight
    These PIC's are like intricate puzzles just waiting for one to discover their secrets and MASTER their capabilities.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.