Auto Save option in editor

Closed Thread

Cool Auto Save option in editor

Well the title says it all , simular to a word document where the code and any linked include "My.bas" files can be auto saved ( to a temp name ) say 3 copies over a time frame

Yep you guessed it , the computer did a BSOD , and some code was lost , would have been nice if when the editor re-opened it, offered the chance to recover the last auto saved version

Cheers

Sheldon

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Auto Save option in editor

Quote Originally Posted by longpole001 View Post
    Well the title says it all , simular to a word document where the code and any linked include "My.bas" files can be auto saved ( to a temp name ) say 3 copies over a time frame

Yep you guessed it , the computer did a BSOD , and some code was lost , would have been nice if when the editor re-opened it, offered the chance to recover the last auto saved version

Cheers

Sheldon
    FineLineIDE does just that.

FineLineIDE is a 3rd party free IDE.
    FineLineIDE uses no registry files so FL can be cut, copied and pasted for upgrades and portability.

Norm

ok ill check it out , thanks

would like to see the base editor have this option as part of the to do list if it is simple enough

Actually there is not a base editor. Some of the old timers still use notepad, I use gedit on Linux, while others use MPLAB. PBP is just a compiler made to use with any text editor.

If you like MicroCodeStudio you will love FineLine.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Currently adding bookmarks to FineLineIDE.

Norm

How about the ability to change the color used for program labels?
    (you know the name you give to a certain locations in your code where a "GOTO" would refrence.)

I have been using MCS and wished it would allow you to set the color of program labels (independent of other color settings). Right now the program label colors are tied in to some other text colors.
    I would like my program labels to stand out better

Even better would be to choose the color of the lable and also the background color for the label.

can fine line do that? or have you had that suggestion made??

another couple of requests...
    The ability to identify any declared variables that are not in use... to help clean up code.
    The ability to click on a declared variable and have it highlighted in your code whereever it is in use.

thanks
    Last edited by Heckler; - 5th July 2012 at 17:14.
    Dwight
    These PIC's are like intricate puzzles just waiting for one to discover their secrets and MASTER their capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    How about the ability to change the color used for program labels?
    (you know the name you give to a certain locations in your code where a "GOTO" would refrence.)

I have been using MCS and wished it would allow you to set the color of program labels (independent of other color settings). Right now the program label colors are tied in to some other text colors.
    I would like my program labels to stand out better

Even better would be to choose the color of the lable and also the background color for the label.

can fine line do that? or have you had that suggestion made??

another couple of requests...
    The ability to identify any declared variables that are not in use... to help clean up code.
    The ability to click on a declared variable and have it highlighted iwhereverde whereever it is in use.

thanks
    The Delphi Synedit highlighter requires the highlighted terms to be determined at time of the compile of FineLineIDE so: no, FL can't color lables.
    I could and plan on matching the lables upper/lower case however.

Identifing unused vars is a good idea and I will make note of it for future versions of FL.

I plan on adding a find and replace which would display all the lines of code which contain the find/search term and perhaps the subroutines in which they are located especailly as "basic" dosn't utilize local variables so more care is required in the reuse of variables.

I think for more discussion of FL posts should be made to the FL thread.

Norm
    Last edited by Normnet; - 6th July 2012 at 00:20.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.