RGB led driver ic lpd6803

Closed Thread

Default RGB led driver ic lpd6803

any body have idea about RGB led driver ic lpd6803 or ws2801 any sample code to control it

dominoc Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: RGB led driver ic lpd6803

The WS2801 strip uses PWM to control the LEDs.There is a schematic and description of this on page 10 of the datasheet here http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/WS2801.pdf but I'm not sure how to calculate the value of the two resistors.

I have never done an LED dimming based project so was just wondering on which ICs can be used if 6 to 7 channels need to be controlled with around 1 to 2 Amp current for each channel?
    Also is the use of such ICs including the one you mentioned above in this post required if you have PICs and IRF N or P type Mosfets?

Hi.
    I'm no expert but I am doing exactly this at the moment. I have done it with an Android ioio board and mosfets and now I am doing it with a PIC18F14k22. It has 5 hardware pwm outputs. I used ttl level mosfets driven directly and they can carry a couple of amps. The resistors need heat sinking though but it was easy. I also purchased a 5m RGB LED strip off ebay. It comes with a controller. I piggy backed onto that and that is capable of driving about an amp per channel. Right now I am getting my Raspberry Pi to act as a web server to control the RGB strip for no other reason than because I can. I reckon you should look into the many pics with hardware pwm and build your own drivers.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.