read command of EEprom errors

Closed Thread

Cool read command of EEprom errors

Hi guys ,

this bit of code is giving some strange results when i look at the values loaded into the test Variable STDByteTmp which i cant explain and solve

the code is to read the values stored on the eeprom into a varable pointed to by V

what is happening is that V is counting ok and reading the values of location 1 and 2 correctly into STDbyteTmp , but as V counts to 3, it appears to load the value stored at location 3 ( $7 ) into V and then V goes to value of 8 and i cant see why this the case.

all the variables are defined as byte and i can see the data in the eeprom is correct

can someone tell me why this is the case

Cheers

Sheldon

Code:
    DATA @1,$9,$8,$7,$6                                ' stores these values from location 1  to the eeprom at programming time

For V = 1 to 4
             read V,STDByte(V)                           ' read from location 1 - 4  data byte
             STDByteTmp = STDByte(V)                ' get into temp var   for testing
     next V

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: read command of EEprom errors

well found the problem after a lot of playing , the variable STDByte did not have number of elements defined for an array variable

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.