+ Reply to Thread

Default Sure electronics mb-cm13111 usb host

Hello,
    I saw these and like a large mouth bass, I took the bait and WHAM ! They hooked me, I bought 2 of these !
    http://www.sure-electronics.com/goods.php?id=1140 from Sure on eBay. Has anyone use one successfully ? Were you able to get the hex file the manual recommends to load into it ?

I hooked my PICKit2 and read the memory and it is not empty, as yet I have not attempted communication via it's UART but that's next. The Manual states you have to load the hex which seems unavailable on their website, I will email for it, but as stated above it isn't un-programmed now.

http://www.sure-electronics.net/down...CM13111&type=0

Ok hooked up to an Arduino as a serial port and with an USB flash drive installed the green LED comes on, but no love from the serial port.

It seems to be a Firefox issue, when I go to their download page I can only see 2 downloads available, 1 for the manual, the other for USB assist, which is a communication terminal program in Chinese. I tried the "Downthemall" plugin and it sucked out 2 hex files and 2 zip files which have all the C libraries and .h files etc . . . Maybe I can make heads or tails from them.
    Last edited by Archangel; - 3rd April 2012 at 06:21.
    Prepare to survive tribulation. Failure to plan, is to acquiesce to your enemy's demands.

Default Re: Sure electronics mb-cm13111 usb host

With some effort this might work for me, I have it reading one file name in a flash drive in a loop, not sure why it's looping,or not reading the others, but it's a start. If i can work this thing as I plan, I will add flash to my CNC machine as a serial feed, since that seems to be the way computers have gone. Too bad too, as the older computers only about 3/4 of the way supports USB, IMHO. I know the one at the shop sometimes does not become aware you plugged one in, so it's REBOOT !
    Prepare to survive tribulation. Failure to plan, is to acquiesce to your enemy's demands.

Keep us informed of your progress and of whatever documentation you find. I prototyped an Arduino compatible USB Host shield using Maxim's MAX3421E and a few support chips but it's SPI only and also needs a couple of interrupt lines so something with a serial interface is preferrable.

I recently purchased 3 of these as well and have it working with serial!
    My question is how to create and write a file?
    I see no commands for writing to a file.

Hi, we are pleased to see that you are using our forum.

We'd like you to become a member of our community. Membership is FREE, please REGISTER and view our forums without these annoying reminders!

Once registered you may post on the forums, download from the file areas and use the WIKI without interruption.

Norm

I can also share info if anyone is interested.

Norm

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.