VAR array compile issue

Closed Thread

Cool VAR array compile issue

Hi guys, thanks for help to date and ill try and return the favor as i learn more about the pic programming.

the following code will not compile when i use the variable T and loop , where if i expand the code out and assign a number in place of Varable T its very happy ,

It there away to do this without expanding out the code and not use fixed number in place of varable T

Regards

sheldon

Code:

'-------------- Low Address /High Address /Data / Inv Data bytes  --------------        
       For T = 1 to 4            
        FOR Index = 7 TO 0 step -1               ' Loop for 8 bits data start at bit 7-0 and send
           IF STDByte[T].0[Index] = 0 THEN        ' Get polarity of each data bit to send
            Space = Zero                         ' Pulse time = Burst (560us) + Zero (560us) = 1.12mS for a "0" data bit
           ELSE
            Space = One                          ' Pulse time = Burst (560us) + One (1680us) = 2.24mS for a "1" data bit
          ENDIF

GPIO.0 = 0                            ' Set Output low
           pauseus Burst                         ' load the burst for 0.56ms       
           GPIO.0 = 1                            ' Set Output high
           pauseus space                         ' High for duration of either Zero or One value ,for each address/data b
           Total[T] = Total[T] + space + burst   ' store total time of string  
        NEXT Index                               ' Loop until 8 data-bits sent of DByte(X)
       Next T

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: VAR array compile issue

Have a variable like
    Code:
    Temp VAR BYTE
    Then swap the variables in your array.
    Your new code will look like below.

Code:
            '-------------- Low Address /High Address /Data / Inv Data bytes  --------------        
       For T = 1 to 4            

FOR Index = 7 TO 0 step -1               ' Loop for 8 bits data start at bit 7-0 and send

temp = STDByte[T]

IF temp.0[Index] = 0 THEN             ' Get polarity of each data bit to send
            Space = Zero                         ' Pulse time = Burst (560us) + Zero (560us) = 1.12mS for a "0" data bit
           ELSE
            Space = One                          ' Pulse time = Burst (560us) + One (1680us) = 2.24mS for a "1" data bit
           ENDIF

STDByte[T] = temp

GPIO.0 = 0                            ' Set Output low
           pauseus Burst                         ' load the burst for 0.56ms       
           GPIO.0 = 1                            ' Set Output high
           pauseus space                         ' High for duration of either Zero or One value ,for each address/data b
           Total[T] = Total[T] + space + burst   ' store total time of string  
        NEXT Index                               ' Loop until 8 data-bits sent of DByte(X)

Next T
    "If the Earth were a single state, Istanbul would be its capital." Napoleon Bonaparte

thanks Sayzar , but i tried that before i posted , and just then , still get bad expression error and syntax error , using picbasic pro 5.0.0.0 , pbpx 3.0.4.1

is there something i am missing ??

Cheers

sheldon

temp = STDByte[T] - bad expression error
    STDByte[T] = temp - syntax error

i think i found the issue i forgot to define dbbyte var when i changed it over from dbyte1, cheers

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.