Alright, I am now FIRMLY on board with PBP!

Closed Thread

Default Alright, I am now FIRMLY on board with PBP!

Just finished my first project with PBP, and am I EVER happy I bought it!

I mentioned in another post that I am new to PBP but not to MCU's. I have programmed in assembler but was never comfortable with it. I could muddle my way through the datasheet and use examples and usually get it to work - but it wasn't a lot of fun.

I tried C a few years ago, same thing - not very comfortable.

So, my resoning was: "I've been using BASIC since I was 15, let's try it!". PBP made the process FUN!

Thanks MELabs!

Andy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Alright, I am now FIRMLY on board with PBP!

Good for you.

It's kind of funny that I taught myself basic back in 78 when I was computer operator on nightshift. I learned several languages, worked mostly with cobol, and now that I'm permanently off-work, I taught myself basic again (started in 2004). Ok, not really the basic part, but electronic basics, oscilloscopes, microcode studio plus, usb, rs232, programmers, PICs and all the stuff that comes with working with electronic components.

I also tried C a while ago and just couldn't get into it either. I do like VB6 for the PC side of things; I've always dabbled in VB but just never got proficient.

I only see one drawback to newcomers into PBP now compared to back in 2004. It was so much easier to get started with a 16F628; these 18F models are much more complex. At least they have code examples here, and mplab supposedly got easier to work with (never liked it back when I started, that's why I'm on MCSP).

Robert

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.