Reflow Oven in Ebay

Closed Thread

Default Reflow Oven in Ebay

Hi all,

I have been using for my PCB reflow projects a sandwich oven for quite some time. Now, it is time for me to improve to a better oven . There is a reflow wave oven that's been offered on Ebay for a reasonable price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-962-INFRAR...item2a1312480f

So, before I get any unpleasant surprises, I wanted to ask if anybody had used this type of oven before. Are they reliable? Any comments?

Thanks a lot,

Robert
    "No one is completely worthless. They can always serve as a bad example."

Anonymous

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Reflow Oven in Ebay

Hi,

A follow up on this. I bought the T-962A model for the infrared IC reflow oven. A little bit of experimentation is required to get the optimum settings. After you get the right settings, it is just set it and leave it!! No more burned PCBs (I'm very good at this ) and there is no more need to be watching the whole process to be able to get it right. It is worth the investment.

Robert

Anonymous

I had bought a table-top digital convection oven on special to do this. But I let it sit too long on the shelf and now it's at my mom's place.

Did you try a digital convection oven before this? I was hoping they were precise enough for PCB soldering.

Robert

Robert,

Yes, I was using a digital convection oven before. Actually, it was this one from Cuisinart. The heat was not even throughout the PCB card, so I was burning cards left and right. If you are going to reflow small PCBs, one or two at a time, then a convection oven is fine. But, if you are going to reflow panelized PCBs, and you want to do many of them, then you need something like a reflow oven.

Also, using a convection oven you need to be watching what is going on and manually stop the oven when you think that it is done. The reflow oven goes through all the cycle for you. So it is just set it and forget it!!!!

Anonymous

Thanks for the follow up Robert,
    I've been waiting for some response so I can get one too. I used the toaster oven to install some 16 pin QFN devices with success for prototyping but will need something made for small production runs.
    Louie

Thanks Robert. I had bought something like this one:
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

But I never got around to using it and then my mom's oven crapped out. I preferred to give her mine before her toaster oven caught fire (the darn thing made sparks).

I knew that once I'd heat electronic components I wasn't going to cook any food in it after that. One concern I had was the airflow, I was worried it would blow the small components around.

That reflow sure is a beauty, but money is tight now so I have to chose wisely. I had gotten the convection on special, something like $75 or so.

It would be for small work at first, prototyping and such, but if things pan out, the demand on the unit would increase. I suppose I could always get a reflow if the project generates revenue.

Robert

EDIT: Oh yeah, post pics of your work using that thing. We want to see.

I am new into this . I apologized if I ask wrong questions. I am trying to figure out what is different between PCB reflow and rework. I am researching countless hours on purchasing BGA machine. So far I am interested in Bauer IR PRO SCC

has anyone ordered from this site before?

http://thebgastore.com/Hot-Air-Stati...V4-BGA-Station

I heard from my mates who recommended me this saying this was packed in the crate box during the shipping to help protect the machine from the damage. Is this true?

Appreciate for your help.
    Potential Bauer IR PRO SCC buyer!

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.