HIDMaker fs is AWESOME. Soft Detach with a total of 6 USB devices in one PIC18F4550

Closed Thread

Default HIDMaker fs is AWESOME. Soft Detach with a total of 6 USB devices in one PIC18F4550

A client came to me with an idea that was to good to pass up. But it involved knowing everything about USB and PIC's, and I mean everything. I started to investigate and did not like what I saw. OMG what a rats nest USB can be. But every time I got closer and closer to the answer I ended up at HIDMaker fs's front door. I wasn't even considering paying $600 bucks. But the more I investigated how to make such a complex device the more the $600 bucks seamed to be fair. I later realized that the $600 bucks was nothing compared to the work required to full fill the needs for this device. Now that I own it, and have played with it, I feel $600 bucks is cheap.

I had a major problem with HIDMaker fs not being able to accomplish this device as it needed different Product IDs per Identity. If windows sees a keyboard it registers these IDs as special, and always expects this keyboard when it sees these ID's. Bob Miller was quick to help me and he even added a feature to HIDMaker fs to allow two different ID's.

I have to say thanks to Bob Miller for this awesome USB tool that made this product possible. Without HIDMaker fs I could not have accomplished even a quarter of this complexity, not to mention I can do all this and have the USB communication up and running in under a day.

I personally recommend this tool to anyone wanting a quick and easy solution to your USB worries from a simple USB device, to a very complex multi configuration, multi USB device. I promise the money will be well spent.......

Default Re: HIDMaker fs is AWESOME. Soft Detach with a total of 6 USB devices in one PIC18F45

Hallo Jason.
    If it is possible could you share a whole "USB Descriptor" file or send it via pm which contains two different HID devices such as one keyboard and one alpha numeric display?

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.