VS1053 (MP3 board) and Picbasic?

Closed Thread

Default VS1053 (MP3 board) and Picbasic?

I bought one of these VS1053 development boards off Ebay but fear it will be just another thing I throw in the spare parts bin -- no documentaion and I can't even read the pinouts on the PCB.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170697963950#ht_5105wt_954

Has anyone used one of these?

Any code anywhere using Picbasic?

THANKS !

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: VS1053 (MP3 board) and Picbasic?

It's only a single chip. Is it not possible to locate a datasheet for the chip?

This might help
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=VS1053
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Well then let's get rid of all the forums and rely on Google. Project pages and USERS are of more interest to me -- if you have nothing to offer then ignore me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I bought one of these VS1053 development boards off Ebay but fear it will be just another thing I throw in the spare parts bin -- no documentaion
    You wanted documentation....
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Project pages and USERS are of more interest to me --
    You are more than welcome to contribute.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

if you have nothing to offer then ignore me.
    I have been around this forum for a while now... I started out as a newbie who couldn't make an LED blink without some help. Now, though still a relative amateur, I can (because of excellent help from this forum) get my way around PBP and what ever I might want to do as a hobbiest.

I can state with assurity that you will find nothing but help and excellent guidance here. There are several world class programmers here and they all will jump in to give assistance.

Usually that requires the NEEDY programmer to provide some basis for their questions. Some starting code that indicates that they have actually tried before asking. Not just looking for someone to do their project for them so they can get it turned in before the end of the semister.

The response from Art actually indicates he took the time to follow your ebay link and could clearly see that it was just one chip with associated interface components.

In the several years I have been lurking here I have never seen another project using the board that you linked to.
    His sugestion that you look up the data sheet for the chip is probably exactly what he would have done him self. Then after taking a stab at starting the code... would have came here with "hat in hand" asking for specific help.

I suggest you tuck your tail, take a stab at starting the project yourself and then come here for some world class assistance... then you will see for yourself that this is one of the best forums on Microchip PIC's, microcontroller interfacing, electronics and, oh yea, PBP, that is available.

my .02
    Last edited by Heckler; - 28th December 2011 at 03:52.
    Dwight
    These PIC's are like intricate puzzles just waiting for one to discover their secrets and MASTER their capabilities.

2 cents is right. I love this forum it's been helpful to me as well -- nut obviously, not ALWAYS.

No big whoop dude.

that's --

obviously -- not ALWAYS.

by the way -- what's the very first thing you do when playing with a new chip???

get the friggin' datasheet.

like DUHHHHH ok?

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.