Problems with PBP3, Windows 7 and MELabs programmer

Closed Thread

Default Problems with PBP3, Windows 7 and MELabs programmer

I used to have my month-old ME programmer working with Windows XP, my computer died, and my new computer won't run the programmer.

My new computer has Windows 7 (it seems that you can't buy a new computer with Windows XP on it anymore). I installed PicBasicPro3 on it, and the MELabs USB programmer, and I get the message "Programmer not found". I uninstalled all of it, and re-installed it all on the Windows XP Mode of Win7, and I still get the same message. I can compile the program using MicroCodeStudio through MPASM, generate the hex file, but it doesn't seem to recognize the programmer like my previous computer did.

Can anybody help me please? I would love to start using the programmer again and continue with my project.

I am using:
    MicroCode Studio v5.0.0.0
    compiler PBP3 v3.0.1.4
    MPASM v5.42
    MeLabs Programmer USB v4.40
    PIC18F252

Thank you.

Vic Chaney

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Problems with PBP3, Windows 7 and MELabs programmer

I recently "upgraded" to a Windows 7 machine. I can't really help specifically but I can let you know that I had exactly zero problems--everything worked on the first try.

Have you downloaded the latest software for the USB programmer from MELabs? Also, did you direct MCStudio to the right location for the programmer?

Best Regards,
    Paul
    The way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The way to gain experience is to make mistakes.

My problem is solved. Thank you so much, Paul, for your reply. I reinstalled everything in Win7, updated everything, and it works just fine.

Knowing that it worked for you told me that it was not that Win7 couldn't do it. My getting everything a month ago had me (mistakenly) feeling that I must have had the latest version.

You have relieved me of frustration, and gotten me back to programming.

Thanks again so much for your help.

Best,
    Vic

Hi Vic,

You're welcome, and I'm glad it all worked out for you!

Best Regards,
    Paul
    The way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The way to gain experience is to make mistakes.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.