yet another new ethernet module

Closed Thread

Default yet another new ethernet module

This one is too new to even be listed in their online store or at their dealers but it looks like it may become one of my favorites. It's SPI instead of Serial but the pin count is low and the size is only slightly larger than the RJ45 jack. It's 3V3 but with 5V tolerant inputs.

Default Re: yet another new ethernet module

Yes, it uses the new W5200 chip which looks very similar in command-set to the W5100 but has 8 (vs 4) simultanous sockets and 32 (vs 16) kB TX/RX memory buffers. The SPI interface also handles much higher speed than on the W5100 and if I'm not mistaken it has a sequential read/write mode so you don't have to adress each individual byte in a series of read/write ops.

Looks great, but like you say, not yet "buyable" - the bare chip is though.

/Henrik.

Default Re: yet another new ethernet module

About 10 years back I built one of these. Things sure have changed.

While I suspect the code burden will be too high for use in my application, I am going to add this to my WizNET shield. It would be nice to have a WizNet Serial-to-Ethernet module of similar size and with 5V tolerant inputs.

BTW, a distributor of Arduino related products is going to help fund and then will distribute my system boards and shields so they should start trickling out in about 6-8 weeks if I can avoid more health related setbacks.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.