Connect One Ethernet shield

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Default Connect One Ethernet shield

I'll finish the laying out connections after I get my XINO basic kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TOP.JPG
Views:	3751
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	5580

Now back to waiting for the long-promised Tibbo EM500/GA1000 firmware.
    Last edited by ScaleRobotics; - 29th May 2011 at 16:58. Reason: sizing picture

Default Re: Connect One Ethernet shield

Stll waiting for the long-promised Tibbo EM500/GA1000 firmware so I'm trying to fill the time productively. The ConnectOne shield now supports 2 WiFi and 1 NoFi module.

Oh, no! Now I'm also waiting for mackrackit to decide on an EEPROM and to start coding.

uhmm,
    I need to quit falling asleep. I missed the part about volunteering..

I do not have a whole lot of time to dedicate to a new project as much as I want too. But I will try to find some time to play

As far as EEPROMs... FRAM seems kind of expensive. Not sure how big of one would be needed, maybe a 24FC1025 would be "OK" ? After it is all setup should be just READS....

Need to sleep on it some more
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Quote Originally Posted by mackrackit View Post
    As far as EEPROMs...
    I already have board designs for a battery backed RTC and for an EEPROM. Both are I2C and they might be plugins on shields that should require one or the other. I use 64KB in another application so it would be simplest to just use it, as is. Or, it might be best to just provide for a DIP that the user could add.

I'm also kicking around my own design for a slightly more costly but much easier and much more powerful Arduino clone that would make a great test bed and development system It's all this time on my idle hands...

I think I can forget about seeing the Tibbo firmware anytime soon so here is what I think is the final layout for the ConnectOne ethernet shield. The TX, RX connections are dictated by the PICAXE and Xino. I still need to check this with the Xino designer but I think it's ready to have CircuitMart make some prototype PCBs.

Name:  TOP.JPG
Views: 2965
Size:  357.8 KB Name:  BOTTOM.JPG
Views: 2728
Size:  211.1 KB

When the Tibbo firmware is released I hope someone will consult a medium and let me know.

I'm going to spend my time finalizing the design of yet another Arduino clone. This will use a ZBasic ZX328n but it will be socketed so it can be replaced with a AVR Mega328P.

When my Xino kit arrives I'll see whether it is practical to modify to use the comparators as inverters for TX, RX. That should work with 16F88, 16F886/887 and 18P25K20/22, lowering the chip count.

Quote Originally Posted by dhouston View Post
    When the Tibbo firmware is released I hope someone will consult a medium and let me know.
    Ask your supplier to let you know
    Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.