wow! why is this?

Closed Thread

Default wow! why is this?

I came back from a break and saw this on each page:

Inactive username policy?

We encourage users to actively log in and use the forum on a regular basis. To keep your account active, be sure to log in and post within 3 (three) monthd of registration. And to login and browse the forum at least once every three months. Accounts may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity. Please use your account once you sign up!

TinkersALotV2, You are member of MEL PICBASIC Forum for 365 day(s) now. Please note our inactive user policy. From time to time we may delete zero-posters and users that don't visit the forum regularly . To avoid account deletion please visit regularly and join in with forum discussions.

Struck me as a bit heavy-handed. So what if I lurk here? Seems like a bit of goofy policy to me, imho...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: wow! why is this?

"Re: wow! why is this?"
    Spammer counter measure. People with absolutely no interest in PICs cruise the FORUM COMMUNITY and register as users so Google spiders will hit on information in their profile that they make public, sometimes in other forums where they used the same user ID. It is an effort on their part to enhance their internet presence. That action degrades our presence on the search engines. Therefore our forum has implemented the policy you have questioned. The efforts put forth by management admins and moderators have Seriously Reduced the number of Spam Attackers to this forum. So come in, lurk, post questions and or answers, that is what we do.
    Welcome back.
    Last edited by Archangel; - 22nd May 2011 at 20:58. Reason: spell
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Yup, it can even be just a test post on the Test forum.

And welcome!

My Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus is a giant paperweight that can't even be used as a boat anchor, cause I'd be fined for polluting our waterways with electronic devices.

Not as dumb as yesterday, but stupider than tomorrow!

Kay. Well, I guess that is a good rationale for the policy. Thank you for the courtesy of a reply

Seems like a good way to keep out the non users.. I just have to remember to stay active now! :-)
    PCB Manufacturing - Made in the USA

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.