Servo speed, from potentiometer

Closed Thread

Default Servo speed, from potentiometer

Hello

I am trying to find on web for some example of slowing down servo speed using potentiometer, but I cant find it.

I am using PIC 16f877A and I have a potentiometer connected on AN0 pin, and when I move potentiometer servo moves same. If I move potentiometer to one end very fast servo will go fast to, so how can I reduce that speed. I mean can I program it to move slower no metter how fast I rotate potentiometer ??

Thx

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Servo speed, from potentiometer

Add a small delay between the reading of the pot and the execution of the servo routine.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Servo speed, from potentiometer

Hello again,
    So I am thinking . . . you get your adc result and store it into a variable . . . . call it smartie, just because I never liked using dummy.
    So then give your pulseout variable a different name . . . say we call it value.
    then use a for next loop
    For value = 0 to smartie
    pulseout pin value
    pause 10
    next value
    Just my thoughts . . .
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.