Need Help with Radio Project

Closed Thread

Default Need Help with Radio Project

I've been fooling around with a remote data device for a few years. I showed it to a company (as a proof-of-concept prototype) that I have some history with. Unknown to me, they made a spec sheet and began trying to sell it. Today I discovered that they were successful and I'm supposed to produce a quote for a fair number production units.

So, I'm looking for help in quickly and inexpensively getting this device through whatever FCC (or other?) testing and paperwork is required. I'm happy to provide any further information here on the forum but I would need to be just a little vague on some points. If anyone is knowledgeable and willing to speak with me, send me a PM and we'll work out a way to communicate. Failing that, comments, references, and referrals would be great.

Best Regards,
    Paul
    The way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The way to gain experience is to make mistakes.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: Need Help with Radio Project

No help from me, but wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! I hope it works out for you!
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

The best info/help you can get for this is from folks that do product testing and certification for a living.

This company can handle the FCC testing & certification:

Compatible Electronics
    102 Olinda Drive, Brea, CA 92823, United States
    Phone: +1 714 579 0500
    Fax: +1 714 579 1850
    www.celectronics.com

This company handles FCC certification and UL http://analab1.com/

Just give them a call and let them know what you have. They'll help you, and give cost estimates for free.

Best of luck with the new gadget...
    Regards,

-Bruce
    tech at rentron.com
    http://www.rentron.com

To add to what Bruce has suggested, you can tell the FCC test lab folks any necessary details w/o worrying about confidentiality - it's a given of their service.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmachineguy View Post
    No help from me, but wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! I hope it works out for you!
    Hi Bert,

Thank you very much! At worst it's a good kick in the pants to FINISH this thing. Plus it will help keep me out of mischief for the next month or two.

Best Regards,
    Paul
    The way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The way to gain experience is to make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    The best info/help you can get for this is from folks that do product testing and certification for a living. [...]
    Thank you Bruce. I've contacted one of the companies already and will hit the other in the morning. That was just the kind of specific advice I was hoping for.

Best Regards,
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dhouston View Post
    To add to what Bruce has suggested, you can tell the FCC test lab folks any necessary details w/o worrying about confidentiality - it's a given of their service.
    Thank you Dave. I always enjoy reading your posts. You advice is good, of course. Never really had any concerns about dealing with a reputable testing company, just a little wary of putting the whole design on the internet! Lots of people smarter and faster than me...

Best Regards,
    Paul

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.