Hi,
I've spent the last couple of hours trying to get acquainted with using PBP from within MPLAB for the purpose of being able to do source level debugging with the PICKit3.

I followed the instructions on MELABS site and was able to compile a simple testprogram, get it into the PIC (18F4520) thru with the PK3 in debug mode. I was then able to set a break-point in the PBP source file and have the execution stop there after which I could expect some variables thru the watch window - very cool indeed.

However, there are a couple of things that I haven't yet figured out:

1) The file PBPPIC18.LIB keeps popping up in a window from time to time (after compiling, after programming, after erasing (basically all the time)). It has the green PC-arrow (at least I think that's what it is) which I was expecting to see in my source file, not in the .LIB file. Anyone know anything about how this is supposed to work?

2a) Color syntaxing, reserved words etc how do I set that up? I looked at Edit->Properties->Text but it doesn't seem to do much in this case.

2b) Rightclicking in the editor window I get a context menu with a Text Mode entry. This has Basic as an available selection but it's disabled. Same thing with code folding. The help file says to click on the ASM/C/BAS Filetype tab but I just can't seem to find it.....

All in all I've got PBP to work inside MPLAB but I'd like to have it a little more integrated. I'm sure it's just me not knowing how to set it up properly and I'm hoping you guys can provide some pointers.

MPLAB v8.50 is what I have currently.

Thanks!
/Henrik.