Microcode studio

Closed Thread

Default Microcode studio

I am trying to use Microcode Studio with Picbasic pro - I cant for the life of me figure out how to work the folders that contain my source code and the compiled hex file. I can store my *.pbp file in a folder, but I cant figure out how to tell the compiler where to go for the file, nor can I figure out how to tell it where to put the successfully compiled *.hex file. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

When you click Compile or Compile and Program the current active/open file will be compiled and assembled and the resulting .hex and .lst files etc will be in the same folder as the source file. MCS knows the path to the source file because you told it that when you opened the file.

When you click Compile MCS automatically invokes the compiler and passes along the filename (and path) to whatever file you currently have open as well as the processor selected for that particular file. If you have several files open, in different tabs, and the files are in different folders the .hex file will be put in the folder for the particular file you're compiling.

Does that make sense?

/Henrik.

Hello.
    View > Editor Options. On the General tab, near the bottom there is an option to set up default source folder.
    After compilation .hex file is created in the same folder where the source file is.

Default still having issues

Thanks for your help but I think my issue is that the compiler does not automatically compile the code that is open in the window - mine seems to be searching in the c:\windows folder for the code. For example, when I try to compile the file "LCD3.pbp" I get an error message " ERROR: Unable to open file C:\WINDOWS\LCD3.PBP. I have a folder named "Pic Programs" on my desktop that is the default folder where my programs are saved, and I would like the compiler to look there for the code and put the compiled hex file there as well. How do I tell my compiler to do that? Or how do I tell Microcode studio to do that?

Thanks!

Having your code directory on the desktop might be part of the problem. The code path has to be less then 64 characters.

Try moving the code directory to
    C:\PicPrograms
    then you can do sub-directories for each project.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.