PLCC Package

Closed Thread

Thread: PLCC Package

Default PLCC Package

By far, the PIC I've worked with the most is the 16F877 in the PLCC-44 package. I've been migrating towards the 18F452 as it has double the memory and a bunch more RAM.

I like the PLCC package because I can use a socket. The '452 is pin-for-pin compatible so it works well for a direct replacement. Always looking for more memory, I don't see any other PICs with this package--is this something that is being phased out?

On a similar note, does anyone else on the list use the 16F877 in the PLCC-44 package? I have about a dozen or so that I've taken out of finished units (programmed once) that I'd be happy to give away if they would actually be used.

Best Regards,
    Paul
    The way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The way to gain experience is to make mistakes.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by prstein View Post
    I like the PLCC package because I can use a socket. The '452 is pin-for-pin compatible so it works well for a direct replacement. Always looking for more memory, I don't see any other PICs with this package--is this something that is being phased out?
    I have not used that package, but if it was on any newer chips I would! I think the PLCC was being phased out pre 2002? But I could be wrong here. I have not seen any newer chips being released in that package.
    http://www.scalerobotics.com

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Thanks for the information. That explains why I can't even give them away...8^)

Best Regards,
    Paul
    The way to avoid mistakes is to gain experience. The way to gain experience is to make mistakes.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.