Fluke PM3082 Scope Repair

Closed Thread
    timmers Guest

Default Fluke PM3082 Scope Repair

Hi all,
    My Fluke scope went bang and after replacing the main switching transistor, driver FET, a few resistors and diodes it now needs the trigger thyristor V1014 (BRY62). Part number is 5322 130 62661. I also need the opto coupler -just in case- H1046 (CNX36U). Part number is 5322 130 91112.
    I cannot find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone have a contact for Fluke parts?

I have attached a copy of the scematic as its a weird design! -quite clever though.

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Attached Images Attached Images

maxautopal Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question Re: Fluke PM3082 Scope Repair

Hi Tim,

While looking for a service manual for the PM3082 oscilloscope, I stumbled upon this forum and thread.

To answer your question in a direct fashion : I have no clue where to get any Fluke components, if you are still looking for them.

1 ) First question : Did you manage to find the components you are looking for?

2 ) I am wondering what had happened such that you needed to replace these psu
    components.

3 ) I myself have PM3082. I was getting a bench ready to measure, but then user stupidity kicked. The bench I was working on was a metal bench. I turned on the scope, all nominal. Then I was going to connect a probe, but the ground clip of the probe was making contact with the metal table. I blew a fuse and another one. To make the next part of the events shorter :
    a ) I opened the oscilloscope
    b ) I saw that R1001 | 15E was burnt, and NTC caused the fuse to blow.
    c ) I removed the NTC and then nothing happens.
    ... and up until now I have done nothing more.

I thank you for sharing the PSU schematic. This explains 3 ) c ). The rectifiers
    high path isn't getting it's line voltage.

However I haven't bothered replacing the NTC because I am not all that familiar with electronics. I have rudimentary knowledge, but primarily I want to measure, and for this in most cases you need an oscilloscope... mine is broken at the moment.

4 ) Would replacing the NTC fix all problems due to bad earthing of oscilloscope ground practices. Or will replacing the NTC just break more parts down the path.

Thanks for reading and thanks for sharing the PSU documentation.

Kind Regards.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.