16F877A Programmer not found.

Closed Thread

Default 16F877A Programmer not found.

I am attempting to program a device using PIC16F877A processer with PICBasic Pro v2.60 with Mircocode Studio Plus & Melabs programmer.

Following "Compile & Program" the Melabs programmer software executes, but when I select "Program" I recieve the error message "Programmer not found".

Can someone give me insight to my issue?

Thanks,
    John C.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hello John,
    Welcome to the forum.
    I am going to take a stab at this, but it will not be precise because the computer I am using does not have MCS installed so I am working straight from a rather poor memory:
    At the top of Microcode Studio there are some words like File Edit . . . click on one of them, edit I think, anyway heck look into all of them, there you will find the options menues for the compiler, and the programmer, when you find the programmer options you need to give it a path statement to your programmer's executable file. Something like c:\Program Files\ICPROG.exe
    Sorry I could not be more precise. Hope this helps.
    JS
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Follow-up

Thanks for the welcome Joe. Yes, I have set the path for the programmer using both automatic search method & manual.

There is a parameter to set the device and hex-filename can someone explain this better than the manual, I'm a bit confused? Should I set this parameter or leave it blank?

Thanks.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.