Low power applicationn

Closed Thread

Default Low power applicationn

Can someone please help i am missing something, if you read the datasheet for the pic16f913 it states it consumes 100uA at 2V and 1 Mhz opperating conditions.
    I am using a 4mHz cristal and a pic no devices conected and drawing 4.5mA at 5 V.
    Redusing the clock from a 20mHz cristral did bring down the power but redusing rhe voltage actualy increased the amps.
    Now the question: will i gain anything by going out and buying a 1 mHz cristal or am i missing something.

any ideas will be appresiated
    Andre

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Interestig is that if you change the 78l05 with a resistor and zenner you can drop the power with about 2.5mA to 1.6mA

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_Pretorius View Post
    Interestig is that if you change the 78l05 with a resistor and zenner you can drop the power with about 2.5mA to 1.6mA
    Hello

Try setting your oscillator configuration to "LP". You probably have it set to XT or HS? LP will use the least current. Also that chip has an internal oscillator which you can set to 1mhz in the "osccon" register. This way you can try it before you buy a crystal. Look in the datasheet under "oscillator" it is all there.

How much voltage are you feeding into your LM7L05? The higher the input voltage to the regulator, the higher the power disapation.

Mark

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.