Greetings to all and thanks for a very thorough user forum. I am very new to pics, picbasic and microcontrollers. I won't pretend to understand 1/2 of what I have read but some of it must have sunk in as I am 1/2 way through a project. I am building a PID controller and can successfully read in 2 AI channels, display their values on an LCD and create the output value for the PID.
Now for control I realize I can use PWM or a DAC chip. I have (regretfully??) chosen the later of the two and am now stuck. I cant really find sufficient documentation and code examples. I am using a 16F877A and need to get the DAC conversion through a MCP4812.
So before a I beg for any direct answers - I would love some pointers as to where to get the relevant code/ pinout/ examples to learn from.

I do have one other anomaly that has no caused me too much grief yet, but I fear it is coming as I might need it to get through this DAC section. When I try to use the ASM ... ENDASM within my code - it will not compile!!!!

Thanks to any whom might be able to give some guidance