SM5100B cel module help?

Closed Thread

Default SM5100B cel module help?

Has anyone played with the SM5100B quad cell module? I have a Sparkfun CEL-09607 adapter board and module. They have some documentation including a 141 page command manual, but no luck getting the module to send a text message.
    I have a level shifter (the module is 3.8v) and can talk to it through RealTerm on my laptop. I have a working SIM card for data. When I turn it on, I get all the correct commands back. I set it in the text mode (AT+CMGF=1): that is OK. I send "send a short message" (AT+CMGS=(a phone number here).. It is still happy and sends back a ">" which means "enter your text now"... I enter text (example: hello test) followed by a control z... Now it just locks up....
    Has anyone played successfully with one of these modules? Am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks,
    Jim

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Yes, there is salvation! To save others hours of reading, you must FIRST find out what standard the module is setup on. Query the board with AT+SBAND? (using a CR & LF at the end). It should be set at "7". To change to USA standards, send AT+SBAND=7. If using in Europe, set to 4. The rest works great...

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.