WIKI Articles

Closed Thread

Thread: WIKI Articles

Default WIKI Articles

As usual there has been several great topics discussed in the past couple of weeks. Many of the topics would make great articles for the WIKI.

Soon these topics will be buried deep in the forum becoming difficult to find.

If you are a registered user please consider doing an article or project for the WIKI.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/cont...ish-an-article
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Even a response of 'NO, Can't be bothered' would be better than no response at all !

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post
    Even a response of 'NO, Can't be bothered' would be better than no response at all !
    Well, I would do it, but I don't think that I have contributed with anything that it is worth an article . Maybe, this is what most people are thinking about also. Probably, a different approach like "Mr. or Ms. Doe would you like to write an article about the topics that you discussed last week?" would work better. What do you guys think?

Robert
    "No one is completely worthless. They can always serve as a bad example."

Anonymous

Hi, to be honest articles do not need to be long complex documents, simple consise information that has been useful on the forum, needs to be reworked and wriiten up in one single item - an article.

For example you discussed vb.net - USB, some users found that very useful, so thats an ideal item to create an article form.

Next time someone searched the wiki for uSB VB.net could see your article and read a coherent document, short and precise explaining just as you did on the forum, but without them having to trawl through the clutter on the forum.

Admins and moderators have the ability to promote useful forum items to articles, but often information in the forum items is spread over several entries, so it would be better to ahve the originator pen an article based upon the forum entries.

Same goes for your forum entry on SPI. it may sound simple and obvious to you, but a small article explaining spi and how to implement spi comms with the compiler will be a godsend to a beginner struggling with their forst use of SPI.

I'm sure that there are more, i just looked at your most recent forum discussions.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.