serial polling

Closed Thread

Thread: serial polling

Default serial polling

i have a device which i need to poll it to get information from it, how do you poll using basic???

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by mataston View Post
    i have a device which i need to poll it to get information from it, how do you poll using basic???
    Mataston,

You need to provide more details if you want some real help. What device is it? What PIC are you planning to use?

Robert

ok i was looking at a pic 16f84, the device is an engine ecu, which i need to poll to get info from

ok i was looking at a pic 16f84, the device is an engine ecu, which i need to poll to get info from
    You need to get the ECU datasheet and see what I/O it has available to interface with the MCU. The PIC that you are choosing is a very basic one. Definitely, not suitable for the kind of project that you want.

Robert

o.k basicly the ecu, has a serial connection, standard 9600,n,8,1, All the data about the engine comes down via serial, apparently it sits in a buffer till someone polls it for the info. its 120bytes in total, so i would probably have to poll it via serial drag all the info then filter out the bit i want.

o.k basically the ecu, has a serial connection, standard 9600,n,8,1, All the data about the engine comes down via serial, apparently it sits in a buffer till someone polls it for the info. its 120bytes in total, so i would probably have to poll it via serial drag all the info then filter out the bit i want.
    It would be useful to know the Make, Model of the vehicle OR what data must be sent to activate the ecu to send. Old GM obd1 systems would send if you ground a certain wire on the ALDL, OBDII is a bit more complicated. I suggest you use the Google search engine (the one which will search just this forum) as this has been done before by others here.
    http://www.google.com/custom?q=&sa=G...picbasic.co.uk
    Last edited by Archangel; - 6th July 2010 at 04:11.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

its called megasquirt

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.