Hello, need help with PIC16F876 and garmin code

Closed Thread

Default Hello, need help with PIC16F876 and garmin code

Hi, I'm new to programming and I just want to compile a code written in C that sends sms to a GPRS modem phone from a Garmin gps. I tried to compile it using MPLAB IDE v7.0 and the HI-TECH compiler but I receive many errors. The code it's not written by me, so it should work.
    Can somebody compile it for me, please? I have attached it to this message.
    Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by tafmetl View Post
    The code it's not written by me, so it should work.
    I like that, I may have to use that quote! This could or could not be the case.....especially with code randomly "found" on the internet, with no reference links.

Personally, I have a little trouble with C, that's why I bought the basic compiler that this forum is dedicated to. Try a forum that is dedicated to C, and you will have a better chance.

The code was written in C using a compiler specially created for micro-controllers made by Microchip (pic16F876 in this case). So, it should work with MPLAB IDE, right?

Yes, but you will also need the C compiler as well, because you have the C code. Otherwise it is not going to be able to compile C code.

Yes, but that's were HI-TECH C Compiler comes in. It integrates perfectly with MPLAB. Can anybody please compile it and tell me what's with the errors? I just want a simulation of the program...

We would not know what is with the errors, as we do not use that compiler.

Once again, you are in the wrong forum. This is the PicBasicPro forum. It is a forum dedicated to the basic compiler called Pic Basic Pro. We do not use the Hitec C compiler. Please refer your question to a forum that does use a C compiler.

Thanks,

Walter

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.