The com-port has not been working since I used the windows DEBUG-mode.

Closed Thread

Default The com-port has not been working since I used the windows DEBUG-mode.

I was using a Velleman 8076 programmer 2 years ago for the last time. It worked flawlessly, I just did not have any pic project in mind up to today. In the meantime I had issues with my com-port I am using my Palm m500-Cradle on, so I changed the palm transmission speed to 19200. Then the palm transmission worked again. But Velleman 8076 programmer's software PicProg2006(same applies to PicProg2009) says that there was no Velleman programmer connected(I switched the plugs as I have a single com-port, so the programmer was in the same com-port the cradle was previously).

The issues happened when I had my palm m500 - cradle connected while using the debug mode of windows for a longer period of time. Later on I read that in debug mode there is data being sent all the time to com1. After that the issues started.

What can I do to make it work again? As there were software actions being taken, maybe these issues can be repaired using software. I am using Windows XP.
    Last edited by IAmTheAnswer; - 5th May 2010 at 12:09.

Even if you don't have an answer, tell me where I can get an answer.

Answer requested....

60 views and no answer, you seem to be unable to answer the simple question above.

Default Patience is a virtue ... that many people seem to lack.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheAnswer View Post
    60 views and no answer, you seem to be unable to answer the simple question above.
    It has only been 28 hours since your first (second third and forth) question. Or maybe everyone thought you WERE the answer?

It has been years since I ran palm on my computer, but I thought I remember it reserving the com port? Also, have you thought about asking the programmer manufacturer what the com port settings should be?

You are probably one of the very few with this kind of programmer, hence the lack of help. (Well, that and the attitude).

Another answer: Buy a USB programmer.

Patience is a virtue ... that many people seem to lack.

It has only been 28 hours since your first (second third and forth) question. Or maybe everyone thought you WERE the answer?
    Nice. I am the answer to a different question, though. 28 hours is too long for an answer. Have an eye on different boards.

It has been years since I ran palm on my computer, but I thought I remember it reserving the com port?
    Yes. I figured that and exited the hotsync application. This solved the issue previously but it did not now.

Also, have you thought about asking the programmer manufacturer what the com port settings should be?
    Yes. He said that they don't matter as the hardware has a direct access to the com-port, there is no api being used.

You are probably one of the very few with this kind of programmer, hence the lack of help.
    It is mainly about the com port, not the programmer. What you should take out of that is: It is using the com-port and it cannot communicate any more after having used windows debug mode.

So knowing about the debug mode and the com-port's hardware(which is why it is under Data Communications -> Serial) is all that should be necessary to answer the question.

Well, that and the attitude
    I cannot help you with your attitude issue, there is no use in repeating your issue, I am afraid.

Buy a USB programmer.
    This is the last option.

Patience is a virtue ... that many people seem to lack.
    Very much true.

I bought a new com-port and now it is working flawlessly.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.