microcode studio and ql200 development board

Closed Thread

Default microcode studio and ql200 development board

Hello, I'm a user of PicBasic Pro and I would be grateful if someone could tell me what parameters should be included in MICROCODE STUDIO to load the file name and type of PIC to be programmed on QL PROGEN program that came with the development board QL200 from www.pic16.com. For example, for the programmer EPICWIN are: $pPIC$target-device$ $hex-filename$. Thanks to everyone who wants to answer.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: microcode studio and ql200 development board

It's an old post, but I will reply anyway. The QL200 is a nice development board. The built-in programmer seems to work fine for me and the debugger for MicroCode Studio also works when connected to this board. All of these things are great, but there seems to be one minor drawback: There doesn't seem to be a way to pass parameters to the QL200 programmer software for seamless build and programming. This means there is one more step in the process. Once the programmer loads you have to select file open and load the .hex file and press program button. If you are developing and repeat this process just leave the programmer open then after a compile do a file open and the location points to the file and you quickly select then program. Doesn't take long and not a bad sacrifice considering how nice the board is.

Roger

Hi,all. This seems to be an old topic indeed but me being a complete newbie and to programming, would like some help with the same devboard. I bought it afew months ago and at i vould not loadvit on windows 7 so i switched to xp after some time. When i load the file program all goes well. Gives me a pass and all. If i try the pic on my breadboard nothing happens. Couldnt figure out what was wrong. Then i noticed " unable to write to C;\Program Files\Pic16\QL-PROGen\ql-prog.ini." after i exit the program thinking that i actually burned to the pic. Anyone to give advice. Im new and stupid i suppose. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I got tired of putting the "fuses" values in manually all the time, so I bought a PicKit3. I use it with the QL-200 for in circuit programming and prototyping. I found it makes the board much faster and easier to use. I have not used the onboard programmer for years, but when I did it was under XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Devnode View Post
    Hi,all. This seems to be an old topic indeed but me being a complete newbie and to programming, would like some help with the same devboard. I bought it afew months ago and at i vould not loadvit on windows 7 so i switched to xp after some time. When i load the file program all goes well. Gives me a pass and all. If i try the pic on my breadboard nothing happens. Couldnt figure out what was wrong. Then i noticed " unable to write to C;\Program Files\Pic16\QL-PROGen\ql-prog.ini." after i exit the program thinking that i actually burned to the pic. Anyone to give advice. Im new and stupid i suppose. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    I've done a bit of trawling through the net and it does seem as if this board (or the software) isn't supported under windows 7 which is a shame. Some old posts on the Proton website seem to suggest that the support is now a one man band and that's why driver and software development stopped.

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when I was looking at a development board I opted for the EasyPIC5 based on the fact that it was made by a well established company, even though the board cost more and the QL200 had more functionality out of the box.

The only suggetsion I can offer is to run an instanace of a virtual machine on your PC and load the VM with Windows XP. You should then be able to use the onboard programmer with the board, and integrate it with MCS, pointing the programmer option in MCS to the QL200 programmer exe.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.