Beta software 4.32 for melabs u2 not working

Closed Thread

Default Beta software 4.32 for melabs u2 not working

MICROCODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.5
    PICBASIC PRO 2.60
    programing adapter 840Z with C1
    MELABS U2 PROGRAMER 4.31
    BETA SOFTWARE 4.32 (for 3.3v programing)
    PIC16LF727

I am trying to use the MRF24J40MA RF transceiver module for wireless comunication between two microcontrolers.
    The transceiver operates on 3.3 volts. Up till now I have only programed 5 volt MCUs.
    I am thinking that it would be best to use a 3.3 volt MCU with the 3.3 volt transceiver. Then I wouldnt have to convert all the signals from 5 volts to 3.3 volts and back again.

I downloaded the BETA software. As far as I can tell I have everything I need to program 3.3 volt MCUs, but when I do I get the error messages:

ERROR [132] C:\pbp 16LF727.INC 20 :unknown processor (16LF727)
    ERROR [105] C:\pbp 16LF727.INC 21 :canot open file (include file "16LF727.INC" not found)
    ERROR [131] C:\pbp 16LF727.INC 22 rocessor type is undifined

I followed the directions when I downloaded the Beta update.
    I did the (options-more options-update programer firmware) thing.
    When I had problems with it I selected the different path manualy
    in my MicroCode Studio Plus.
    Both the MELABS U2 PROGRAMER 4.31 directory and the BETA 4.32 directory
    reside as seperate directories in the MY PROGRAMS directory.
    The MRF24J40MA Data sheet says it is compatible with the PIC16F family microcontrolers. Does this mean that I can hook the 3.3 volt transceiver directly to the 5 volt microcontroler?

Did I do something wrong?
    Do I need to add a Include line to my program?
    Do I need a Define line in my program?
    I am stuck. I hope someone can help me out with this.
    Thankyou for your time.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Curt,

The errors you reported are from the compiler, and have nothing to do with the programmer software or 3.3v operation.

Did you re-type the errors, or copy/paste them?
    They seem to be missing some characters.

In general, I would suggest this...

In MicroCode Studio, go to View > Compile and Program Options > Assembler tab.
    The path above the Find buttons should show C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite.
    If it doesn't, click the "Find Manually" button and point it there.

If you can't find that folder, you'll need to install MPLAB.
    Or, you can uncheck the "Use MPASM" checkbox, and it will use PM.exe instead.
    DT

Default Thankyou

Darrel

I just typed the error messages in. I am sure that I didn't get them just right. Nor is this all of them. There was about 10 different messages all together. I just typed in what I thought would get the point across. I don't know much about the compiler and it's error messages yet.
    I typed in the correct path and presto it worked. I never would have learned this on my own. I am learning how to do wireless communication on my own. I try to figure things out the best ways I know from books. I don't want to take up more of your time than I have to, but when I get stuck I turn to forums.
    This forum is God compared to me. With out this forum I would have to give up.
    I know that you give up your time in order to answer questions of people like me. I want you to know that I appreciate your help on this matter.

Thank you so much!
    curt

Default programmer said cannot find target device

Odd behavioral now... cant program 18f2550 but can program 16f886 no problem.

I am using PBP 2.60 and MSASMWIN 5.20 and programmer 4.31.

the other code used for 16f886 and programmed fine on 16f886. Migrated to 18F2550 with revised code used for 18F, the programmer said cannot find target device using 18f2550.

i had first three 18Fs working fine, now cant program those 18f2550s.

Default programming cable lenght solved

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrtech View Post
    Odd behavioral now... cant program 18f2550 but can program 16f886 no problem.

I am using PBP 2.60 and MSASMWIN 5.20 and programmer 4.31.

the other code used for 16f886 and programmed fine on 16f886. Migrated to 18F2550 with revised code used for 18F, the programmer said cannot find target device using 18f2550.

i had first three 18Fs working fine, now cant program those 18f2550s.
    problem is found. custom made programmer cable too long. Using the three inch ribbon cable, it works!

Case closed.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.