OLIMEX ICD-2 in MicroCode Studio?

Closed Thread

Default OLIMEX ICD-2 in MicroCode Studio?

I have an OLIMEX ICD-2 that I used with MPLAB to program dsPICs. Is it possible to have MicroCode Studio recognize it as well?

I went to View/Compile and Program options.../Programmer/Add New Programmer and it wants the executable. I don't see anything like ICD2.exe on the system.

Has anyone done this?

Best
    John

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I was able to install PBP (v2.50B) in MPLAB (v8.10), but with some annoyances.

I am using a 16F88 chip and in MicroCode Studio I modified the default configuration bits using the @ device ..... inline specifier since I was using PM.exe (not MPASM). Apparently MPLAB only uses MPASM. I tried to change to the __Config line, but get errors of overwriting the config byte. I believe this is due to the fact that MLAB automatically includes C:\PBP\16f88.inc which has the __Config statement in it. I tried copying this inc file into the local project directory and commenting out the __Config statement, but MPLAB still picks up the C:\PBP version. Maybe this is a system environmental path declaration issue, but didn't want to change that yet as it might effect other things.

Is the only option to modify the .inc file in the C:\PBP directory? Not a great solution, unless I use the __Config in every PBP program.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by John_Mac View Post

Is the only option to modify the .inc file in the C:\PBP directory? Not a great solution, unless I use the __Config in every PBP program.
    Hi John_Mac,
    You must install a semicolon at the beginning of the config line there so the compiler will see it as a comment, and yes then you must add the config line to your code every time. You can comment out only the MPASM config and leave the PM alone and use PM when you are feeling energy challanged I always install my own configs and use MPASM because to me it is easier. You may also modify the default configs to your personal needs and not have to mess with it.
    Last edited by Archangel; - 13th January 2010 at 17:11.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.