can't find include file!

Closed Thread

Default can't find include file!

Hi,

I've read several forums on this one, and have added the c:\pbp to environment variables, but MPLAB IDE says:

Executing: "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MPASM Suite\MPASMWIN.exe" /q /p12F683 "TEST1.ASM" /l"TEST1.lst" /e"TEST1.err"
    Error[105] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.ASM 5 : Cannot open file (Include File "12F683.INC" not found)
    Error[113] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.ASM 38 : Symbol not previously defined (GPIO)
    Error[113] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.ASM 39 : Symbol not previously defined (GPIO)
    Error[113] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.ASM 40 : Symbol not previously defined (TRISIO)
    Error[113] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.ASM 41 : Symbol not previously defined (TRISIO)
    Error[105] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.ASM 45 : Cannot open file (Include File "PBPPIC14.LIB" not found)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 6 : Found label after column 1. (RST?RP)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 8 : Found label after column 1. (LALL)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 10 : Found label after column 1. (XALL)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 21 : Found label after column 1. (MOVE?CT)
    Error[108] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 21 : Illegal character (1)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 22 : Found label after column 1. (MOVE?CT)
    Error[108] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 22 : Illegal character (0)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 32 : Found label after column 1. (MOVE?CA)
    Error[108] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 32 : Illegal character (0)
    Warning[207] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 33 : Found label after column 1. (L?CALL)
    Error[122] D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICRO CODE STUDIO PLUS 3.0.0.0 XP\PROGRAMS\TEST1.MAC 33 : Illegal opcode (PAUSE)
    blah
    blah
    blah
    blah

I've been writing PBP code on my laptop, compiling that and opening that in MPLAB IDE successfully. But now trying to get the software working on workshop PC but can't seem to get it to believe me that the include files are in the c:\pbp folder!

Please please please help!!!

Cheers

Jimbo

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Did you run the file from Melabs before you set the environment variable?

And why are you compiling in MCS and then moving it to MPLAB?
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Hi Dave,

Think you helped me before with PIC stuff

I'd read to set the environment path as it didn't have c:\pbp in there, and rebooted.

I thought that I had to compile in mcs and load the ASM in MPLAB. I wasn't doing the 'build a project', rather just a quick compile. Was/is working fine on laptop, but not on this pc for some reason [annoyingly so :P]

Cheers

In MCS under compiler options somewhere in the toolbar you can setup for MCS to use MPASM to generate the HEX. MPLAB is not needed.

If you have a programmer like the PicStart+ then you will need MPLAB to work with that.
    If you want to use MPLAB as the IDE then the instructions from Melabs needes to be followed exactly. Sounds like you have done this.

To compile the ASM from inside MPLAB you should not have to do anything other than build the MPLAB project with ASM as the language and build. But that is a lot of extra steps just to get a HEX.
    Dave

Thumbs up

Hi again,

Cheers for reply. I'm still a bit lost as to how these programs interact, but I'd returned to other room to go to bed and found your prompt reply. Shot back upstairs and switched PC back on. Ran up MCS and found MPASM wasn't selected there. Also, it was grizzeling about having a path length of more than 60 odd characters! I relocated it to the root of the drive and voila! It now works! So once again, you've pushed me in the correct direction.
    In the meantime, I read with some fascination a thread a few below this one intrigued me, regarding IR recording using a sound card - such a simple but clever idea! Love these forums!!! Keep up the excellent help! I hope one day to contribute some help myself when [if] I become proficient at it all!

Best regards

Jimbo

Dave Houston has a lot of good tricks on his site. Spend some time there if you can.
    Dave

Talking

Hi,

Yup, that was the site I stumbled across from a link in someone's IR post

Cheers

J.