Hello all... I posted some threads a while back and got some help with the 16F822 and it's A/D conversion process. I worked through the math with a pressure transducer and had thought I worked out the math with the Allegro current sensor ACS712 but I'm pretty sure I was originially wrong on that and now just want to get a second opinion or 2 to see if I finally got it. If anyone has any comments please let me know.

I did find one thread dealing with what I am pretty sure is the ACS712 perhaps a typo on the name or it was called that before I started to use them. In this thread they do math on this device but I think the outcome of this math is going to be a little bit off if they are truly talking about the ACS712. It turns out the company I work for does allot of business with Allegro and the were more then happy to help me out. I did review the data sheet on the Acs712 but initially didn't spot the output voltage until just yesterday. I emailed them and they confirmed the output range of the 712 is 2Vdc which is 2.5Vdc to 4.5Vdc

So my question/observation is using an 8bit number by my calculations the multiplier of the value returned by the pic would be .02272. From the PIC for a 0 to 30 amp reading from the 712 I could expect to see 128 to 216 which gives me 88 to work with divide 2/88 and get .02272 thus my calculation is
amps = reading * 2272
amps = DIV32 1000

Did I get this right or is my math still off? Hope thats not to long winded.
Thanks
David