Hi, Well I had a really strange thing happen to my pic controller last night. For some reason or another the program was entirely erased off the pic or it became corrupted to the point it no longer functioned. I've been using the above controller with my program as a test for the past couple of months and it's been working fine without incidence until this morning that sometime in the night it died. I uploaded my program and everything is working fine now. My question would be what can cause something like this that would wipe the program out or corrupt it? Could it be the fact that almost all of the pins are wired directly to headers and nothing is tied to ground that is not in use? Could it just be a faulty pic? A little over a week ago we had a near miss on our house with lightning and we did have some damage to some electrical appliances in the home but the pic didn't seem to be affected directly at that time since it had continued to work for over a week after the storm. I didn't think the lightning damaged it but maybe a delayed damage?

I know the controller board you will see if you follow the link above is for a 16f877 but I mounted a spare 16f877a on it, and it's always worked fine. I am careful with my program to make sure I have the correct things turned on and off for the 877a so thats never been an issue.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they are appreciated.
David