Ok I am going to show my lack of electronic knowledge on this one... here goes. I'm using an 16F877 to read an Allegro ACS754 I've got it working to a degree using some simple code to get the ADVAL. That part is not a problem. The problem I am seeing is the same problem I read about in this thread Just so I could see some real current other then a light bulb I am using a 1600 watt hair dryer which I am attempting to read how much current it is using. When I turn it on the current follows the AC and my reading goes from 128 (This is equal to 2.5vdc which the ACS754 puts out with no current) to 161 which after calculations 12.8amps which if this thing is really putting 1600watts give or take a few it's probably right anyway.... The math seems right so far. What I am having a problem with is as I said the same as the other person. The current is rising and falling with the AC so I am not getting a steady reading. I have used the MAX command to get this far but I just can't seen to figure out how to get or keep track of a reading that is not fluctuating with the wave of the AC. I didn't see that the person who was trying to do the same thing with the 877 and 754 ever came up with a solution.
As always any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
David