OLED 128x128 color display

Closed Thread

Default OLED 128x128 color display

I picked up an OLED display from Sparkfun and wondered if anyone had some working PBP code for it they could share. Speed is not a factor, but I do need to create some graphics screens. It is based on the SSD1339 controller.
    Thanks,
    Ron

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Marcus View Post
    I picked up an OLED display from Sparkfun and wondered if anyone had some working PBP code for it they could share. Speed is not a factor, but I do need to create some graphics screens. It is based on the SSD1339 controller.
    Thanks,
    Ron
    Isn't there working code at the Sparkfun website?

Quote Originally Posted by skimask View Post
    Isn't there working code at the Sparkfun website?
    Yeah, but it's in C and for the LPC2138 ARM. Kind of a pricey little bugger.
    Wisdom is knowing what path to take next... Integrity is taking it.
    Ryan Miller

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Yeah, but it's in C and for the LPC2138 ARM. Kind of a pricey little bugger.
    Doesn't look like it's that hard to convert over to PBP...looks like relatively straight-forward code, flip this bit, change that pin, etc.

I have gotten the OLED up and running in PBP with some test patterns. Even made a basic scaleable character generator for text using the branch command.
    The OLED is an amazing little display! I'd suggest it for a full color display project as it is even readable in sunlight.
    I'd be happy to post my code for anyone who has purchased the OLED . I just need to clean up the source code and add comments for the routines.
    Now, here's the question... What would be an efficient way to input an ascii character, and jump to the subroutine with the info to construct the bitmap?
    Each sub is labeled a:...b:...c:...etc.with eight bytes of info to go into a pixel array. Is converting the ascii number to a range of numbers starting at zero, and using the branch command the best way, or is there another neat trick for indirect addressing that would work better? I am using a 18LF2520, and would like to use as little assembly as possible, because I am using the project as a teaching platform for one of my kids.
    Thanks,
    Ron

Smile OLED PBP program

Here is the OLED test program. I think some of the subs will be valid for other graphic LCDs too. Any questions, let me know. I know alot of the subroutines can be streamlined, but it's a start...
    Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

skimask Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Marcus View Post
    Here is the OLED test program. I think some of the subs will be valid for other graphic LCDs too. Any questions, let me know. I know alot of the subroutines can be streamlined, but it's a start...
    Ron
    Neat...just another reason for me to buy a couple more of these LCDs.
    On the rectangle subroutine...
    It would run quite a lot faster if you put those write_c and write_d subroutines inline...save 2+ cycles for each gosub/return * 4 gosub's per loop, roughly 160,000+ cycles to be saved, at the expense of code size of course.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.