NRF905 curious

Closed Thread

Thread: NRF905 curious

Default NRF905 curious

I see a few threads about the nRF24L01, and I was able to get simple messaging going with a pair of nRF24L01's, but has anybody played with the nRF905? It's a little slower, but has significantly better range and is more forgiving when it comes to trees or other organics between Rx and Tx. The pinout is different (more pins) which seems to suggest the 24L01 code isn't going to work, although there are similarities.

I *can* start from the datasheet - I've put a lot of hours into going through it already - but it would certainly save a lot of time if somebody has put some routines together that I can simply build on. There's "C" around for Arduino, but it's almost like the BASIC folks have never looked at this device. Search does not turn up a single reference.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: NRF905 curious

Hi charlie ,

i looked at the NRF905 , and there are some very simular codes , but it not the same ,
    have a look at the extended distance version of NRF24L01+PA+LNA , which may be worth considering if you got the NRF24L01+ working already

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200991693...84.m1497.l2649

regards

Sheldon

Thanks, Sheldon.

I'd actually like to use it to transmit over a few hundred meters of coax. Given coax has significantly more attenuation at 2.4 GHz, I'd really like to get the lower frequencies going.
    The advantage of coax is that I can then power a remote sensor array over the same cable.

I'm surprised nobody has played with this device.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I'd actually like to use it to transmit over a few hundred meters of coax. Given coax has significantly more attenuation at 2.4 GHz, I'd really like to get the lower frequencies going.
    The advantage of coax is that I can then power a remote sensor array over the same cable.

I'm surprised nobody has played with this device.
    But the anRF905 is a single-chip radio transceiver for the 433/868/915 MHz ISM band.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.