mackrackit's ConnectOne example code

Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Default Re: mackrackit's ConnectOne example code

Quote Originally Posted by dhouston View Post
    3. I dropped my intent to make the shield work with 5V and 3.3V because it was just to complicated with all the SPI lines on the other modules. However, with the Mini Socket iWiFi, we are only dealing with two inputs and one output. The way I prefer to handle this is with a transistor and two resistors for each line. You can see example circuits in FIG 15 of AN213.
    Other Dave,
    I appreciate your referral to this app note...it has a lot of good ideas in it. However, for the level shifting I have to do between the 5V logic on the PIC MCU and the 3.3v logic on the MiniSocket iWiFi module, I am going to give the Sparkfun device a try (see http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8745 ). It is low cost and gives me enough channels to handle the problem. Have you or anyone had any experience with it?

Default Re: mackrackit's ConnectOne example code

Quote Originally Posted by jellis00 View Post
    Have you or anyone had any experience with it?
    Yes, I've used it when breadboarding. In fact, I meant to include it in my post but could not find it with a quick search at Spark Fun. (I lost a network drive a few months back which had a lot of my notes, etc. and most of my toys are still in storage after a lengthy hospitalization last year.) It should work fine here.

Also, either the Tips file referenced by mackrackit or a similar one from Microchip (I think.) has tips on getting 5V from 3.3V. For example, if you're using a MAX232 or similar line driver, you can steal 10-12V from it. Of course, it depends on the current needs of your 5V device.

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.