FineLineIDE

Closed Thread

Thread: FineLineIDE

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: FineLineIDE

Hi Norm

Tried it root C: Program files, desktop even via dropbox. I can find and select for example the compiler, click OK then if I try to select a PIC from the dropdown I get "Find PBPx.EXE in Options". If I go back in the selection has gone. I`m wondering if its Windows 10 specific. Cheers Pete

Quote Originally Posted by enigma View Post
    Hi Norm

Tried it root C: Program files, desktop even via dropbox. I can find and select for example the compiler, click OK then if I try to select a PIC from the dropdown I get "Find PBPx.EXE in Options". If I go back in the selection has gone. I`m wondering if its Windows 10 specific. Cheers Pete
    I see Windows 10 is still a free upgrade so I will see how it goes.
    Meanwhile perhaps you could try a new FL download in case the ini portion became corrupted.

Norm

I just now downloaded FL 3.3 onto a Windows 10 machine and it compiles OK and closes and reopens and compiles again.
    On compile FL does prompt to switch from PBP3 to prePBP3 when needed and if so you will need to find the other compiler in options but just once for each.

Not likely but I wonder if administrative privileges are required for an ini save?

Norm
    Last edited by Normnet; - 6th April 2016 at 00:59.

Hi Norm
    I`m wondering if its permissions. If I edit the ini file manually and add in the paths its OK, it just wont select and add from the program. Long shot but have you a debug version which will log what's happening so I could provide you with some solid data. Cheers Pete

Hi Norm.
    I just gave 3,76 version a test drive, but I can't seem to be able to select a device. The device drop down menu does not show any chip not can I write any device there.

Then after trying to insert my chip in that window, it crashed. I have a crash report if you want me to send you.

Ioannis

Quote Originally Posted by Ioannis View Post
    Hi Norm.
    I just gave 3,76 version a test drive, but I can't seem to be able to select a device. The device drop down menu does not show any chip not can I write any device there.

Then after trying to insert my chip in that window, it crashed. I have a crash report if you want me to send you.

Ioannis
    Be sure the PBP compiler is located in options > PicBasicPro Compiler as FL searches for devices within that directory.

I will add a message for instances when FL doesn't find the devices to prompt for locating the compiler. Also if a device is entered to take some safeguards.

Norm

No... clicking inside the dropdown box it says Find PBPx.EXE in Options.

I have installed the PBP in a secondary drive (D:\ ...) as I have an SSD as primary disk.

Ioannis

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.